You are hereBack to top
We want you to be happy with your purchase but understand that sometimes an item needs to be returned. Please review the return policies below and contact us with any questions.
- You may return or exchange any book or non-book item in its original condition for a full refund (excluding shipping cost) within 7 days of receiving your order. Non-Book items must also include all original tags and/or packaging.
- Without a receipt/invoice, a return may be approved for exchange or store credit at the manager's discretion and only at the current value of the book. Please contact us for details
- For all returns/exchanges, the customer is responsible for costs of return shipping. We recommend you return your items using an insured and traceable method. We are not responsible for packages lost or damaged during the return transit.
- Special order items that are not usually carried and have been ordered specifically at your request may not be returned.
- If you receive your order and find an item to be missing, incorrect or damaged please contact the store within 7 days, so that we may address and resolve the issue as quickly as possible for you.
Shopping Tips & Updates
COVID-19 UPDATE (July 31, 2021)
1. We are following CDC guidelines for in-person shopping. Our staff is fully vaccinated, but with Delta surging and Alabama's vaccination rate the national caboose, masks are required to enter. We are still offering curbside pickup if you prefer. Pay ahead online, select "in-store pickup," and when you receive notification that your order is ready, simply call from the 7th Street entrance: (205) 632-5331.
2. Please anticipate 3-5 business days for in-store pickup. We will let you know of any further delays, but if you need an item right away please call to see if it is in stock: (205) 632-5331.
3. Have questions about what it's like to get the vaccine? We're happy to discuss our experiences!
Items appearing here do not necessarily indicate what is currently in stock at Ernest & Hadley Books. The product information displayed are records of books that have been, are, or will be available.
Please call ahead if you would like to see if it is currently in-stock: (205) 632-5331, OR use this as your guide: click here
Any other questions, just ask! Happy browsing ~ Happy reading!