You are hereBack to top
Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions regarding our store and website. If you have a question that isn't answered here, or need additional information please contact us.
- Where are you located?
- Our address is 1928 7th Street, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Downtown Tuscaloosa / West Queens District
- We're the little blue house two blocks down from Innisfree Irish Pub, behind the Federal Building, at the corner of 20th Ave and 7th St.
- Where do I park?
- For Curbside Pickup, pull up to the front entrance on 7th Street.
- Street parking is free and all day on 7th Street.
- Street parking on 20th Avenue is also free, but there's a two hour time limit.
- What are your hours?
- CURRENTLY CLOSED to the public for in-store browsing.
- Offering Curbside Pickup by appointment. Typical appointment windows (updated 3/31/20) are
- Monday-Friday, 11 AM to 3 PM
- Saturday, 11 AM to 1 PM
- How do I contact you?
- Visit our Contact Us page
- Call (205) 632-5331
- If I find a book on your site, does that mean it's currently in stock at your store?
- Not necessarily. If your order is time sensitive, please call us to confirm availability.
- I received a confirmation e-mail. Does this mean that my order is ready to be picked up or has been shipped?
- No. This just means that we've received your order, you will be contacted when your order has shipped or is ready to be picked up.
- When will I get my book(s)?
- For in stock orders we strive to ship them within 7 business day and delivery time depends on the method of shipping selected. For orders with out of stock items, we will provide an estimated date of shipment.
- What if I need to return something?
- Please review our return policies and contact us with any further questions.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express and if you're picking up in store, you may pay in cash.
- How can I check the status of my order?
- Log in, select 'My Account' and Orders' a list of all orders and their current status is provided.
Shopping Tips & Updates
**PLEASE ANTICIPATE LONGER SHIPPING TIMES** We apologize for any inconvenience, but please add 1-3 business days to the "ships in 1-5 days" indicated next to available items on order. This is temporary!
Items appearing here do not necessarily indicate what is currently in stock at Ernest & Hadley Books. The product information displayed are records of books that have been, are, or will be available.
Please call ahead if you would like to see if it is currently in-stock: (205) 632-5331, click here OR use this as your guide:
- Items that "Usually Ship in 1-5 Days" (**see above**) are available! We either have it in stock or we may need to order it from the warehouse. Either way, we place orders twice a week so 1-5 business days is generally accurate. We will keep you posted on any outliers, especially during Covidia.
- Items listed as "Hard to Find" or "Special Order," are likely not available. That being said, there is a possibility we have it in Used condition or an alternative edition. Please call the store to inquire and/or complete your order, (205) 632-5331, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Backordered" books may be available, just not right away. Please call the store to inquire and/or complete your order, (205) 632-5331, or email email@example.com.
- If you are purchasing a lot of items, please be aware that there may be delays, or they may arrive at different times. If any books are "Pre-Orders" please put those in a separate order, if at all possible. Much appreciated!
- If you select In-Store Pickup, we will let you know as soon as your item(s) are available and waiting on our Contactless Cart, located just inside and behind the front door. Our current hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Saturday from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM, closed Sunday. Masks are still required to enter. If you'd prefer curbside pickup, please call from the front curb during business hours: (205) 632-5331.
- Friends & Family Members Please mention membership in the order comments. New total will be calculated after you submit the order but before payment is processed.
- TO USE A GIFT CARD Select Pay In-Store and In-Store Pickup (even if you need your order shipped), and include your gift card number on the back of the card in the order comments, along with your mailing address, if applicable. If your gift card will not cover the total with shipping (standard shipping is $2.50 + $2.00 per item) or you'd like to check your balance, please call (205) 632-5331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Having trouble completing the order? Please leave your items in your cart and call (205) 632-5331 to finish your order over the phone.
Please visit our Help/FAQs page for more helpful tips.
Any other questions, just ask! We miss being face-to-face with our lovely customers, but are just a phone call (or email) away! Be safe, stay well, HAPPY READING!