You are hereBack to top
Virtual Book Talk • Hank Phillippi Ryan
We are thrilled to bring you a virtual event with award-winning author and reporter Hank Phillippi Ryan on Wednesday, August 12th at 5:00 PM CST hosted by fellow indie bookstore Fiction Addiction in Greenville, SC!
PURCHASE YOUR TICKET HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114608099912
Each ticket includes access to a live online book talk, the ability to view a 48-hour replay in case you miss the live event, as well as a hardcover copy of The First to Lie as supplies last. The $31 ticket is for store pickup; the $38 ticket includes shipping. You'll also have the chance to type in questions to be answered by the author during the event Q&A session.
Tickets can be purchased through Monday, 8/10/20 at noon. Refunds can be requested up until the ticket cutoff.
Access to the Event
The talk will be hosted at https://www.crowdcast.io/. You can watch through your browser and are not required to download any software (though mobile apps are also available). Once ticket sales cut off 48 hours before the event, we will send you an email with the link to the specific event URL.
Local customers can pick their books up from the store on or after the pub date of 8/4/20 (we offer contactless curbside pickup if you don't wish to come into the store). If you are not local or simply prefer your book to be shipped, please purchase the Book for Shipping ticket. Books to be mailed will ship after the event.
*We will do our best to mail your books promptly, but this depends on how the COVID-19 crisis continues to unfold.
About the Book
A new standalone suspense novel for fans of Lisa Scottoline and B. A. Paris from award-winning author and reporter Hank Phillippi Ryan
We all have our reasons for being who we are—but what if being someone else could get you what you want?
After a devastating betrayal, a young woman sets off on an obsessive path to justice, no matter what dark family secrets are revealed. What she doesn’t know—she isn’t the only one plotting her revenge.
An affluent daughter of privilege. A glamorous manipulative wannabe. A determined reporter, in too deep. A grieving widow who must choose her new reality. Who will be the first to lie? And when the stakes are life and death, do a few lies really matter?
Bestselling and award-winning author and investigative reporter Hank Phillippi Ryan delivers another twisty, thrilling cat and mouse novel of suspense that will have you guessing, and second-guessing, and then gasping with surprise.
About the Author
Hank Phillippi Ryan is the on-air investigative reporter for Boston's WHDH-TV. She's won 36 EMMYs and dozens more journalism honors. The nationally bestselling author of 12 thrillers, Ryan's also an award-winner in her second profession -- with five Agathas, three Anthonys, two Macavitys, the Daphne, and for The Other Woman, the coveted Mary Higgins Clark Award. Critics call her "a master of suspense" and "a superb and gifted storyteller" and she is the only author to have won the Agatha in four different categories: Best First, Best Novel, Best Short Story, and Best Non-Fiction. Bestseller Sarah Pekkanen says of Hank's new book, The First to Lie, "Book clubs will gobble it up." Hank is a founder of MWA University and past president of National Sisters in Crime.
Items appearing here do not necessarily indicate what is currently in stock at Ernest & Hadley Books. The product information displayed are records of books that have been, are, or will be available.
Please call ahead if you would like to see if it is currently in-stock: (205) 632-5331, click here OR use this as your guide:
~Look to the right of the book cover~
- Items that "Usually Ship in 1-5 Days" are readily available! We either have it in stock or we may need to order it from the warehouse. Either way, we place orders twice a week so 1-5 business days is accurate! We will keep you posted on any outliers.
- Items listed as "Hard to Find" or "Special Order," are likely not available. That being said, there is a possibility we have it in Used condition or an alternative edition, so please feel free to place the order. We will let you know right away if we must cancel, along with our heartfelt regrets!
- Items that are "Backordered" will be delayed. Sometimes we have an exact date of when the publisher will have them ready and sometimes we do not. We will keep you in the loop, either way!
- If you select In-Store Pickup (currently Curbside Pickup whilst engaged in pandemic safety measures) we will let you know as soon as your item(s) are available. At that point, we will schedule a pickup time that coincides with your essential errands.
- Friends & Family Members Please select Pay In-Store, and call or email to arrange pick-up and payment.
- TO USE A GIFT CARD Select Pay In-Store and include your gift card number, found on the back of the card, in the order comments.
Please visit our Help/FAQs page for more helpful tips.
Any other questions, just ask! We miss being face-to-face with our lovely customers, but are just a phone call (or email) away! Be safe, stay well, HAPPY READING!