You are hereBack to top
Virtual Book Talk • Hank Phillippi Ryan
We are thrilled to bring you a virtual event with award-winning author and reporter Hank Phillippi Ryan on Wednesday, August 12th at 5:00 PM CST hosted by fellow indie bookstore Fiction Addiction in Greenville, SC!
PURCHASE YOUR TICKET HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114608099912
Each ticket includes access to a live online book talk, the ability to view a 48-hour replay in case you miss the live event, as well as a hardcover copy of The First to Lie as supplies last. The $31 ticket is for store pickup; the $38 ticket includes shipping. You'll also have the chance to type in questions to be answered by the author during the event Q&A session.
Tickets can be purchased through Monday, 8/10/20 at noon. Refunds can be requested up until the ticket cutoff.
Access to the Event
The talk will be hosted at https://www.crowdcast.io/. You can watch through your browser and are not required to download any software (though mobile apps are also available). Once ticket sales cut off 48 hours before the event, we will send you an email with the link to the specific event URL.
Local customers can pick their books up from the store on or after the pub date of 8/4/20 (we offer contactless curbside pickup if you don't wish to come into the store). If you are not local or simply prefer your book to be shipped, please purchase the Book for Shipping ticket. Books to be mailed will ship after the event.
*We will do our best to mail your books promptly, but this depends on how the COVID-19 crisis continues to unfold.
About the Book
A new standalone suspense novel for fans of Lisa Scottoline and B. A. Paris from award-winning author and reporter Hank Phillippi Ryan
We all have our reasons for being who we are—but what if being someone else could get you what you want?
After a devastating betrayal, a young woman sets off on an obsessive path to justice, no matter what dark family secrets are revealed. What she doesn’t know—she isn’t the only one plotting her revenge.
An affluent daughter of privilege. A glamorous manipulative wannabe. A determined reporter, in too deep. A grieving widow who must choose her new reality. Who will be the first to lie? And when the stakes are life and death, do a few lies really matter?
Bestselling and award-winning author and investigative reporter Hank Phillippi Ryan delivers another twisty, thrilling cat and mouse novel of suspense that will have you guessing, and second-guessing, and then gasping with surprise.
About the Author
Hank Phillippi Ryan is the on-air investigative reporter for Boston's WHDH-TV. She's won 36 EMMYs and dozens more journalism honors. The nationally bestselling author of 12 thrillers, Ryan's also an award-winner in her second profession -- with five Agathas, three Anthonys, two Macavitys, the Daphne, and for The Other Woman, the coveted Mary Higgins Clark Award. Critics call her "a master of suspense" and "a superb and gifted storyteller" and she is the only author to have won the Agatha in four different categories: Best First, Best Novel, Best Short Story, and Best Non-Fiction. Bestseller Sarah Pekkanen says of Hank's new book, The First to Lie, "Book clubs will gobble it up." Hank is a founder of MWA University and past president of National Sisters in Crime.
Shopping Tips & Updates
1. Please anticipate 3-5 business days for in-store pickup. We will let you know of any further delays, but if you need an item right away please call to see if it is in stock: (205) 632-5331.
2. Masks are required to enter the showroom and we are still offering curbside pickup if that is preferable. Select "in-store pickup," and when you receive notification that your order is ready, simply call from the curb out front and we will run it to you!
3. We are not accepting book drop-offs for store credit or donation (we never offer cash). We may re-evaluate after Nov. 8, 2020 when the state-wide mandate is expected to end. TBD. Thank you for understanding and continuing to do your part to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Items appearing here do not necessarily indicate what is currently in stock at Ernest & Hadley Books. The product information displayed are records of books that have been, are, or will be available.
Please call ahead if you would like to see if it is currently in-stock: (205) 632-5331, click here OR use this as your guide:
- Items that "Usually Ship in 1-5 Days" are available! We either have it in stock or we may need to order it from the warehouse. Either way, we place orders twice a week so 1-5 business days is generally accurate. We will keep you posted on any outliers, especially during Covidia.
- Items listed as "Hard to Find" or "Special Order," are likely not available. That being said, there is a possibility we have it in Used condition or an alternative edition. Please call the store to inquire and/or complete your order, (205) 632-5331, or email email@example.com.
- "Backordered" books may be available, just not right away. Please call the store to inquire and/or complete your order, (205) 632-5331, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are purchasing a lot of items, please be aware that there may be delays, or they may arrive at different times. If any books are "Pre-Orders" please put those in a separate order, if at all possible. Much appreciated!
- If you select In-Store Pickup, we will let you know as soon as your item(s) are available and waiting on our Contactless Cart, located just inside and behind the front door. Our current hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Saturday from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM, closed Sunday. Masks are still required to enter. If you'd prefer curbside pickup, please call from the front curb during business hours: (205) 632-5331.
- Friends & Family Members Please mention membership in the order comments. New total will be calculated after you submit the order but before payment is processed.
- TO USE A GIFT CARD Select Pay In-Store and In-Store Pickup (even if you need your order shipped), and include your gift card number on the back of the card in the order comments, along with your mailing address, if applicable. If your gift card will not cover the total with shipping (standard shipping is $2.50 + $2.00 per item) or you'd like to check your balance, please call (205) 632-5331 or email email@example.com.
- Having trouble completing the order? Please leave your items in your cart and call (205) 632-5331 to finish your order over the phone.
Please visit our Help/FAQs page for more helpful tips.
Any other questions, just ask! We miss being face-to-face with our lovely customers, but are just a phone call (or email) away! Be safe, stay well, HAPPY READING!