You are hereBack to top
Reader Meet Writer • Special Event with Peggy Noe Stevens & Susan Reigler
SPECIAL INTERACTIVE MIXOLOGY EVENT! Join Peggy and Susan for a bourbon tasting and demonstration. Learn how to make an out-of-this-world Old Fashioned and a marvelous Mint Julep.
You are invited to attend a special event in the Reader Meet Writer series on July 14, 4:00 PM CST. To participate, please email email@example.com or respond to the E&H Facebook event by Monday, July 13. We will then send you the Zoom link and passcode to participate. And it's all FREE. If you want to buy the book, it will be available on the E&H eCommerce website at 15% off from July 14 to 17 (hardcover only).
During their travels in bourbon country and beyond to conduct tastings and seminars, entertainment experts Peggy Noe Stevens and Susan Reigler often heard the question, "How do I do this in my home?" This book is their definitive answer. Which Fork Do I Use with My Bourbon? offers a step-by-step guide to hosting a successful bourbon-tasting party—complete with recipes, photos, and tips for beginners and experienced aficionados alike.
From decorations to glassware, this one-stop resource will guide readers from the day they mail invitations to the moment they welcome guests through the door. Alongside their favorite snack, entrée, dessert, and cocktail recipes, Stevens and Reigler offer advice on how to set up a bar, arrange tables, and pair recipes. Once readers are ready, Stevens and Reigler move on to advanced pairings for the bourbon foodie and present two innovative examples of tasting parties—a bourbon cocktail soiree and, of course, the traditional Kentucky Derby party. Inspired by the hosting traditions of five Kentucky distilleries, this book promises to motivate bourbon lovers to start their own bourbon-tasting traditions and to expand the expertise of longtime bourbon enthusiasts.
Peggy Noe Stevens is a founder of the Bourbon Women Association and a master bourbon taster. A lifestyle expert, she is also a professional speaker. As a Bourbon Hall of Fame inductee, she has planned hundreds of events globally over the last thirty years, often working with distilleries and master distillers.
Susan Reigler is a former restaurant critic for the Louisville Courier-Journal and a current correspondent for Bourbon+ and American Whiskey magazines. She has also authored or co-authored six books on bourbon, including Kentucky Bourbon Country: The Essential Travel Guide and The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail Book.
Items appearing here do not necessarily indicate what is currently in stock at Ernest & Hadley Books. The product information displayed are records of books that have been, are, or will be available.
Please call ahead if you would like to see if it is currently in-stock: (205) 632-5331, click here OR use this as your guide:
~Look to the right of the book cover~
- Items that "Usually Ship in 1-5 Days" are readily available! We either have it in stock or we may need to order it from the warehouse. Either way, we place orders twice a week so 1-5 business days is accurate! We will keep you posted on any outliers.
- Items listed as "Hard to Find" or "Special Order," are likely not available. That being said, there is a possibility we have it in Used condition or an alternative edition, so please feel free to place the order. We will let you know right away if we must cancel, along with our heartfelt regrets!
- Items that are "Backordered" will be delayed. Sometimes we have an exact date of when the publisher will have them ready and sometimes we do not. We will keep you in the loop, either way!
- If you select In-Store Pickup (currently Curbside Pickup whilst engaged in pandemic safety measures) we will let you know as soon as your item(s) are available. At that point, we will schedule a pickup time that coincides with your essential errands.
- Friends & Family Members Please select Pay In-Store, and call or email to arrange pick-up and payment.
- TO USE A GIFT CARD Select Pay In-Store and include your gift card number, found on the back of the card, in the order comments.
Please visit our Help/FAQs page for more helpful tips.
Any other questions, just ask! We miss being face-to-face with our lovely customers, but are just a phone call (or email) away! Be safe, stay well, HAPPY READING!