You are hereBack to top
E&H [OPEN] Book Club (w/author appearance!)
SPECIAL GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Author T.K. Thorne will join us for our next meeting on January 23 from 5:30-7:30!
Ernest & Hadley Books’ Open Book Club read works by local authors from the West Alabama area. One of the perks: the authors frequent our meetings! We’d just love to have you join us If you can’t make it to the meeting, you can always follow along on Goodreads (E&H - Tuscaloosa). And don’t forget: you can save 20% on current and future book club reads in-store by mentioning the E&H Book Club at checkout. Love your local!
Rookie patrol officer Rose Brighton chases a suspect down an alley. Without warning, her vision wavers, and the lone suspect appears to divide into two men—the real suspect, frozen in time, and a shadow version with a gun. Confused by what she’s just seen, but with no time to second guess it’s meaning, Rose shoots the real suspect in the back. Forced to lie to detectives, she risks her job and her life to discover the shocking truth of who she really is—a witch of an ancient House, the prey of one powerful enemy, and the pawn of another. House of Rose, set in the Deep South city of Birmingham, Alabama, is the first book of the Magic City Stories.
T.K. Thorne retired as a captain of the Birmingham Police Department and as executive director of a downtown business improvement district in Birmingham Alabama. Both careers and a Masters of Social Work from the University of Alabama provide fodder for her writing. Her fiction, poetry, and non-fiction have been published in various venues and have garnered several awards, including her two historical novels--Noah's Wife which won ForeWord Review's Book of the Year for Historical Fiction and Angels At The Gate, which won IBPA's Benjamin Franklin award for Historical Fiction and a silver IPPY award. Her debut nonfiction was Last Chance for Justice: How Relentless Investigators Uncovered New Evidence Convicting the Birmingham Church Bombers (2013), which the New York Post listed on their Books You Should Be Reading. A short film from her screenplay "Six Blocks Wide" was a finalist in a film festival in Italy and was shown at other juried festivals in the U.S. and Europe.
Items appearing here do not necessarily indicate what is currently in stock at Ernest & Hadley Books. The product information displayed are records of books that have been, are, or will be available.
Please call ahead if you would like to see if it is currently in-stock: (205) 632-5331, click here OR use this as your guide:
~Look to the right of the book cover~
- Items that "Usually Ship in 1-5 Days" are readily available! We either have it in stock or we may need to order it from the warehouse. Either way, we place orders twice a week so 1-5 business days is accurate! We will keep you posted on any outliers.
- Items listed as "Hard to Find" or "Special Order," are likely not available. That being said, there is a possibility we have it in Used condition or an alternative edition, so please feel free to place the order. We will let you know right away if we must cancel, along with our heartfelt regrets!
- Items that are "Backordered" will be delayed. Sometimes we have an exact date of when the publisher will have them ready and sometimes we do not. We will keep you in the loop, either way!
- If you select In-Store Pickup (currently Curbside Pickup whilst engaged in pandemic safety measures) we will let you know as soon as your item(s) are available. At that point, we will schedule a pickup time that coincides with your essential errands.
- Friends & Family Members Please select Pay In-Store, and call or email to arrange pick-up and payment.
- TO USE A GIFT CARD Select Pay In-Store and include your gift card number, found on the back of the card, in the order comments.
Please visit our Help/FAQs page for more helpful tips.
Any other questions, just ask! We miss being face-to-face with our lovely customers, but are just a phone call (or email) away! Be safe, stay well, HAPPY READING!