You are hereBack to top
Book Signing & Talk • Lynn Cullen
Join us as we welcome Lynn Cullen to Ernest & Hadley Books! She will sign and discuss her new book: The Sisters of Summit Avenue, a novel set in Depression-era America about a recipe developer at the famous Betty Crocker test kitchen. Signing starts at 4:30 pm, reading and discussion at 5:00 pm.
June is blonde and beautiful, married to a wealthy doctor, and living in a mansion. With a coveted job as one of the perky entertainment experts who populate General Mills’ famous Betty Crocker test kitchen, she seems to have it all. But these gilded trappings hide sorrows: she doesn’t have any children, and the man she used to love more than anything – John – now belongs to her sister, Ruth.
But for eight long years, John has been lying in bed in a comatose state, infected by the infamous “sleeping sickness” devastating families around the world, and Ruth has been single-handedly raising four young daughters and running their family’s Indiana farm. Consumed with envy of her charmed older sister and her fabulous lifestyle, Ruth is nearing the end of her rope.
When the two sisters reluctantly reunite, their bitterness sets into motion a confrontation that’s been years in the making. And their mother, Dorothy, who’s brought the two of them together, has her own dark secrets, which might blow up the fragile peace she hopes to restore between her daughters.
THE SISTERS OF SUMMIT AVENUE is a compelling and emotional journey of inner strength, redemption, and the ties that bind families together under the best, and worst, of situations.
Lynn Cullen grew up in Fort Wayne, Indiana and is the bestselling author of The Sisters of Summit Avenue, Twain’s End, and Mrs. Poe, which was named an NPR 2013 Great Read and an Indie Next List selection. She lives in Atlanta.
Items appearing here do not necessarily indicate what is currently in stock at Ernest & Hadley Books. The product information displayed are records of books that have been, are, or will be available.
Please call ahead if you would like to see if it is currently in-stock: (205) 632-5331, click here OR use this as your guide:
~Look to the right of the book cover~
- Items that "Usually Ship in 1-5 Days" are readily available! We either have it in stock or we may need to order it from the warehouse. Either way, we place orders twice a week so 1-5 business days is accurate! We will keep you posted on any outliers.
- Items listed as "Hard to Find" or "Special Order," are likely not available. That being said, there is a possibility we have it in Used condition or an alternative edition, so please feel free to place the order. We will let you know right away if we must cancel, along with our heartfelt regrets!
- Items that are "Backordered" will be delayed. Sometimes we have an exact date of when the publisher will have them ready and sometimes we do not. We will keep you in the loop, either way!
- If you select In-Store Pickup (currently Curbside Pickup whilst engaged in pandemic safety measures) we will let you know as soon as your item(s) are available. At that point, we will schedule a pickup time that coincides with your essential errands.
- Friends & Family Members Please select Pay In-Store, and call or email to arrange pick-up and payment.
- TO USE A GIFT CARD Select Pay In-Store and include your gift card number, found on the back of the card, in the order comments.
Please visit our Help/FAQs page for more helpful tips.
Any other questions, just ask! We miss being face-to-face with our lovely customers, but are just a phone call (or email) away! Be safe, stay well, HAPPY READING!