You are hereBack to top
I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark (Hardcover)
Get to know celebrated Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg—in the first picture book about her life—as she proves that disagreeing does not make you disagreeable!
Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has spent a lifetime disagreeing: disagreeing with inequality, arguing against unfair treatment, and standing up for what’s right for people everywhere. This biographical picture book about the Notorious RBG, tells the justice’s story through the lens of her many famous dissents, or disagreements.
About the Author
Debbie Levy is the award-winning author of many books of nonfiction and fiction, including the New York Times bestseller I Dissent, This Promise of Change, The Year of Goodbyes, and the young adult novel Imperfect Spiral. She lives in Maryland with her husband. They have two grown sons.
Elizabeth Baddeley is the illustrator of the critically acclaimed and New York Times bestselling I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsberg Makes Her Mark, written by Debbie Levy. She also illustrated A Woman in the House (and Senate): How Women Came to the United States Congress, Broke Down Barriers, and Changed the Country; The Good Fight: The Feuds of the Founding Fathers (and How They Shaped the Nation); and An Inconvenient Alphabet. Elizabeth graduated from the School of Visual Arts in New York City with a degree in illustration and currently lives in Kansas City, Missouri. Learn more at EBaddeley.com.
"Speak purposefully and carry a big legal pad. . . . Read this and be inspired to work for justice through the legal system."
— Kirkus Reviews
"Baddeley and Levy [. . . .] demonstrate how disagreement can lead to meaningful discussion and doesn’t have to be personal. This lively, inviting, and informative biography of a historic woman will empower young ones to bravely voice their opinions."
— Booklist, STARRED REVIEW
"[A] spirited picture book biography of the second woman to sit on the high court."
— Publishers Weekly
*"This dynamic offering is an essential purchase that will be useful for completing assignments as well as for pleasure reading."
— School Library Journal, STARREV REVIEW
Shopping Tips & Updates
1. Please anticipate 3-5 business days for in-store pickup. We will let you know of any further delays, but if you need an item right away please call to see if it is in stock: (205) 632-5331.
2. Masks are required to enter the showroom and we are still offering curbside pickup if that is preferable. Select "in-store pickup," and when you receive notification that your order is ready, simply call from the curb out front and we will run it to you!
3. We are not accepting book drop-offs for store credit or donation (we never offer cash). We may re-evaluate after Nov. 8, 2020 when the state-wide mandate is expected to end. TBD. Thank you for understanding and continuing to do your part to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Items appearing here do not necessarily indicate what is currently in stock at Ernest & Hadley Books. The product information displayed are records of books that have been, are, or will be available.
Please call ahead if you would like to see if it is currently in-stock: (205) 632-5331, click here OR use this as your guide:
- Items that "Usually Ship in 1-5 Days" are available! We either have it in stock or we may need to order it from the warehouse. Either way, we place orders twice a week so 1-5 business days is generally accurate. We will keep you posted on any outliers, especially during Covidia.
- Items listed as "Hard to Find" or "Special Order," are likely not available. That being said, there is a possibility we have it in Used condition or an alternative edition. Please call the store to inquire and/or complete your order, (205) 632-5331, or email email@example.com.
- "Backordered" books may be available, just not right away. Please call the store to inquire and/or complete your order, (205) 632-5331, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are purchasing a lot of items, please be aware that there may be delays, or they may arrive at different times. If any books are "Pre-Orders" please put those in a separate order, if at all possible. Much appreciated!
- If you select In-Store Pickup, we will let you know as soon as your item(s) are available and waiting on our Contactless Cart, located just inside and behind the front door. Our current hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Saturday from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM, closed Sunday. Masks are still required to enter. If you'd prefer curbside pickup, please call from the front curb during business hours: (205) 632-5331.
- Friends & Family Members Please mention membership in the order comments. New total will be calculated after you submit the order but before payment is processed.
- TO USE A GIFT CARD Select Pay In-Store and In-Store Pickup (even if you need your order shipped), and include your gift card number on the back of the card in the order comments, along with your mailing address, if applicable. If your gift card will not cover the total with shipping (standard shipping is $2.50 + $2.00 per item) or you'd like to check your balance, please call (205) 632-5331 or email email@example.com.
- Having trouble completing the order? Please leave your items in your cart and call (205) 632-5331 to finish your order over the phone.
Please visit our Help/FAQs page for more helpful tips.
Any other questions, just ask! We miss being face-to-face with our lovely customers, but are just a phone call (or email) away! Be safe, stay well, HAPPY READING!