You are hereBack to top
She Needed Killing (Paperback)
When James F. Crawford retired from the university he didn't expect to become a private investigator. But Provost Rufus George wanted Crawford to investigate a suspicious death--and he wouldn't take no for an answer. Turns out, Crawford has a knack for solving crimes. With his dog and cat as the perfect sounding board, he talks through the specifics of each case--posing questions to Tan and The Black and answering them himself. If you like your mysteries with a side of humor, give the Needed Killing Series a try.
Crawford had never considered taking his cat to the local folk festival. But when a friend wants The Black for a photo shoot, he obliges. That a snake will be part of the shoot is just the first surprise in store for him and his pets. Snakes, fortune tellers, arsonists, blackmailers . . . this festival will be unlike any other in the history of Jemison County.
Items appearing here do not necessarily indicate what is currently in stock at Ernest & Hadley Books. The product information displayed are records of books that have been, are, or will be available.
Please call ahead if you would like to see if it is currently in-stock: (205) 632-5331, click here OR use this as your guide:
~Look to the right of the book cover~
- Items that "Usually Ship in 1-5 Days" are readily available! We either have it in stock or we may need to order it from the warehouse. Either way, we place orders twice a week so 1-5 business days is accurate! We will keep you posted on any outliers.
- Items listed as "Hard to Find" or "Special Order," are likely not available. That being said, there is a possibility we have it in Used condition or an alternative edition, so please feel free to place the order. We will let you know right away if we must cancel, along with our heartfelt regrets!
- Items that are "Backordered" will be delayed. Sometimes we have an exact date of when the publisher will have them ready and sometimes we do not. We will keep you in the loop, either way!
- If you select In-Store Pickup (currently Curbside Pickup whilst engaged in pandemic safety measures) we will let you know as soon as your item(s) are available. At that point, we will schedule a pickup time that coincides with your essential errands.
- Friends & Family Members Please select Pay In-Store, and call or email to arrange pick-up and payment.
- TO USE A GIFT CARD Select Pay In-Store and include your gift card number, found on the back of the card, in the order comments.
Please visit our Help/FAQs page for more helpful tips.
Any other questions, just ask! We miss being face-to-face with our lovely customers, but are just a phone call (or email) away! Be safe, stay well, HAPPY READING!